Saturday, March 10, 2012

My week in NYC

I had the balls to ask my friend from college if I could invade her space for a whole week recently. I knew it was a lot to ask but lucky for me she said yes. She handed me the keys to her super beautiful apartment in Queens so I could come and go as I needed while she worked. When she had off we spent time wondering around together and even though she has been living there for 3 years we discovered new places which is always fun. We ate amazing food, drank amazing gimlets, walked amazing distances and then both came down with amazing colds. All in all a great time was had. I had a few surprise visitors while I was there, my sister and her family, and my friends Alan and Fred came from Baltimore for the day.  Then there were not so surprise visits with the hoards of friends I have who have moved to NYC over the years. Here is my incredible week in pictures. As always I wish I took more. I have come back home feeling sick with a cold, fat from all the food I ate, full of inspiration and drive to get to work, but more than anything I feel joy and thanks for a such a great time.

 Thanks again Amanda! You are amazing!

Brooklyn Bridge on a beautiful day.

Some of the best from Brooklyn Flea.
Best Fish and Chips I have had in this country, AND they had Mushy Peas! My Favorite! Chip Shop, Brooklyn NY

My breakfast companions and I eating outside the New York Public Library.

Lillie's, the most beautiful bar ever.

Fun day with Alan and Fred.


No comments:

Post a Comment