Monday, March 28, 2011

Recent Happenings

March is coming to a close and I can honestly say that it has been one of the busiest months of my life! I have been traveling almost every week and "businessing" the rest of the time.


I went to Las Vegas as a surprise trip for my sister's 30th birthday (Happy Birthday Brooke!) I have never been there before and had an absolute blast! Then my husband returned from overseas. He was gone for 5 weeks or so this time. Me and Presley (our 5 year old puggle) are so so happy to have him home. We then left immediately for Florida for a wedding of our amazing friends Evan and Jess. (More on that later!) Somehow in between all of that traveling I still managed to complete a wholesale order for Azura Clothing in Rehoboth Beach DE (http://www.azuraclothing.com/), take a small torch class with the Gem Cutters Guild of Baltimore, and attend my very first Baltimore Etsy Street Team meeting (http://baltimore-etsy.blogspot.com/). I am about ready for a nap but there is no time!


The small torch class I took with the Gem Cutters Guild was awesome. I signed up for the class to familiarize myself with the small torch, but I was a bit worried when class began as it seemed to be geared towards those who had never soldered at all before. My fears were eased as everyone began working on their own projects and I just kind of got into the groove and did my own thing. I was pleasantly surprised to figure out that the butane torch suits my needs perfectly and can do pretty much all that the acetylene tank can do. I am bringing fire home and to my work. I can't wait!


The Baltimore Etsy Team Meeting was great. It was so awesome to finally get to meet some of the people who's etsy stores I have been admiring since joining the team. It is also nice to have a community of artists to talk to. The solitary life of studio work is tough sometimes. It is great to have the opportunity to talk to people who are in the same boat as you. Some of the new members brought some of their creations to the meeting and can I just say, I am amongst some fantastic talent! Go B.E.S.T!


That is all for tonight but stay tuned for more on the amazing wedding and the jewelry I created for it!







No comments:

Post a Comment